Location: Plantation, FL
Salary/Pay Rate: to 75,000
Employment type: Full Time
Must Have Timberline Software working knowledge.
Skills / Knowledge required:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a project accountant in construction or job-cost related industry
- Strong understanding of the overall project execution process, including budgeting, cost reporting, cost control, schedule, and anticipated cost and project profitability
- Intermediate skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in AIA billing
- 3+ years of experience in Construction Accounting
- 3+years of experience using Timberline accounting software
- The ability to work at a fast pace
- Strong communication skills
Traits Required for Success:
- Task oriented person with high standards of quality and accuracy
- Highly disciplined approach to work
- Demonstrates a high degree of information gathering before decisions are made
- Strong follow through on all tasks
- Works precisely with numbers
- Handles repetitive work without becoming impatient
Job Duties / Key Accountabilities:
- Issue client requisitions in accordance with contract.
- Thorough review of owner contracts to ensure all terms & conditions are met.
- Manager(s) on cost control as well as overall project costs as they relate to budget and impact on profitability.
- Accounts receivable reconciliation.
- Enter all trade/subcontractor contract documents and change orders into accounting software.
- Process payments to trades and subs in timely manner.
- Maintain complete project files.
- Administration and maintenance of General Condition costs.
- Monitor through deficiency reporting and review that every trade and sub is in compliance with their contract documents.
- Monitor A/R status and pursue collection with client when necessary.
- Project start up and close-out.
- Interface with corporate accounting activities including A/P, A/R, Payroll and financial reporting as required.
Resume in MSWord.doc
Position location is Plantation, FL 33324