Human Resources Generalist
Location: Yonkers, NY
Salary/Pay Rate: to 75,000
Employment type: Full Time
Handles day-to-day activities pertaining to the Company’s group health benefit plans. Processes enrollments, changes, terminations, etc.
- Administers FMLA.
- Conducts benefit enrollment meetings for new hires and assists with conducting annual open enrollment meetings.
- Responds to employee’s benefit inquiries and resolves employee benefits complaints/issues.
- Processes monthly invoices for all group benefit plans.
- Ensures HIPAA compliance.
- Stays abreast of Health Care Reform, Affordable Care Act, etc.
- Educates employees of benefit programs by regularly generating pertinent communication.
- Back-up payroll as needed.
- Process all benefits related invoices for payment
- Manages the company’s SAP recruitment database.
- Conducts training programs to include performance management, lawful interviewing, sexual harassment and others.
- Handles employee relations issues.
Must have, at minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree with three (3) to five (5) years benefits administration and recruiting and/or technical recruiting experience (manufacturing recruiting a plus). Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations; filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs, including but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, and Workers Compensation.
- Proficiency working with automated HR or benefits system.
- Must be computer literate and be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate proven skills in direct sourcing at job fairs, technical and vocation schools, web mining, networking and database searching.
- Demonstrate ability to build productive relationships with employees and managers.
- Must have excellent presentation, phone and computer skills required.
- Must be able to handle human and business and information with a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality.
RESUME in MSWord.doc please